Plumbing Mistakes to Avoid

Your plumbing system, as you know, is complex enough as it is. It’s important to avoid certain mistakes that could compound any run-of-the-mill maintenance or repair job – unless you want extra visits from the local plumber (and we doubt that)!

Plumbing wrench

This blog will focus on a few of those plumbing mistakes that residents make most often; and of course, how to make sure they don’t happen! Check out four of them below.

Depositing non-liquids down the drain

The occasional small scrap of food won’t be a huge issue, but be sure you aren’t using your drain for non-liquids. If there isn’t a garbage disposal in the sink, keep pieces of food far away (additionally, pouring grease, or even just too much drain cleaner, down the drain is a no-no).

Attempting a repair on your own

This is a good idea about 1% of the time. The other 99% of attempts to repair plumbing result in the complication getting worse. If it’s something truly minor that you know you can handle, that is one thing; but never be afraid to call a plumbing company to be sure the job gets done right the first time!

Flushing unnecessary items

Even though we know better, we still find ourselves flushing unnecessary things down the toilet from time to time. Paper towels, socks – whatever it may be – should be kept far away from the commode.

Using too many appliances at once

It’s never a good idea to run a whole bunch of appliances and plumbing fixtures at the same time. Complications will present themselves if you try to shower, do your laundry, flush the toilet, and use the hose all at the same time.

Avoiding these few things will certainly decrease the chances of plumbing system issues in your home. However, as you know, certain things can happen that are out of your control, and for those things, you have the best plumbers in South Jersey just a phone call away! Fast Response Plumbing is always there to help you fix your plumbing at the drop of a hat!


Click here to write us a Google Review!

Commercial Plumbing Contractors Quote

"Thank you for coming out on Christmas Day and not only restoring our family holiday but saving our Home from an ugly "situation". You guys were most professional and went above and beyond the call of duty..."

- The S Family, Glassboro NJ

Commercial Plumbing Contractors Quote

“…They were incredibly professional and informative and had us back on our feet in no time. They went out of their way to get our old system up to code and functioning the way it should…”

- M & B, Pittsgrove, NJ

Commercial Plumbing Contractors Quote

"Last February my heater stopped working. Within an hour, I had a service technician at my door..."

- L.J, Franklinville, NJ

Commercial Plumbing Contractors Quote

"…I asked if they could be here first thing on a Saturday morning and they were on time. Would definitely use them again."

- D. N. Dec. 2012

Commercial Plumbing Contractors Quote

"When a pipe froze in our restaurant after midnight we thought there was no way we could open as scheduled the following day...Fast Response was polite, efficient, clean and reliable when we needed it the most...!"

-Famous Dave's of Metuchen 2012

Commercial Plumbing Contractors Quote

"… Service was prompt and quotes price was honored. Fast response plumber, Paul fixed the leak quickly and added a cut off valve to the line for a nominal cost."

- A. O. from Monroeville, NJ  Jan. 2012

Commercial Plumbing Contractors Quote

"…Rob Soley was prompt, professional and courteous. He answered all questions asked thoroughly, and made sure he left the job site clean. Highly recommended."

- A. C. Jan. 2011

Commercial Plumbing Contractors Quote

"Honest, works clean on time and the price is what he quotes."

- Anonymous July 2011

Commercial Plumbing Contractors Quote

"…they certainly did everything you would want a service to do, to recommend how and what had to be done to rectify our problem. I will certainly recommend "fast Response Plumbing" to anyone who requires Plumbing work, in their home."

- Charles C. from Trenton, NJ January 21, 2012

Commercial Plumbing Contractors Quote

"…I have used Fast Response for all of my plumbing needs from simple drain cleanings to water heater replacement as well as repairing my water main. I have called Bob at all hours and he is always ready to help."

- Cheese Burger in Paradise of Iselin NJ 2012

Commercial Plumbing Contractors Quote

"…Bob and his assistant were excellent. To top it all off, they are a military friendly company. Would recommend them every day of the week."

- D. H. July 2013

Commercial Plumbing Contractors Quote

"…The price he quoted was the price I paid. He started the job when he said he would. Bob is my plumber from now on.”

-Dave, Avenel, NJ Sep. 2011 Back Flow Preventer Installation