Heating Start Up For Your Boiler
Fall is here and there’s a chill in the air! No one wants a cold house so this is a good time to make sure your heat is working. Most properties in Southern New Jersey are equipped with furnaces but there are a few homeowners that value the heat provided by boilers. Lucky for you, we specialize in boiler maintenance, installation, and repairs.
Boilers are special-purpose heating units. While furnaces carry heat in warm air, boiler systems distribute the heat in hot water. Boilers give up heat as it passes through radiators or other devices throughout the house. The cooler water then returns to the boiler to be reheated. These hot water systems are often called hydronic systems. Residential boilers generally use natural gas, propane, or heating oil for fuel.
Like many other appliances in your home, your boiler requires maintenance before started for the season. We recommend hiring a professional to ensure that no step is forgotten and all aspects of your boiler are functioning efficiently and safely. If needed see how to have a boiler replaced.
Here is a 20-Point Boiler Checklist:
- Check safety controls
- Check and clean burners
- Check draft
- Check pumps and any pump drains
- Check condition and operation of zone valves
- Check condition and operation of flow controls
- Check condition of backflow preventer
- Check all valves and boiler drains
- Check pressure
- Check thermostat operation
- Check wiring and wire connections
- Check for any leaks
- Inspect flame
- Inspect for any roll out of flame or sooting
- Check PRV
- Inspect for signs of poor drafting
- Clean outside of unit
- Check gas valve
- Check sequence of operation
- Check condition of baseboard, radiators, or any vents.
Learn more about your boiler and our services by calling 856-430-8452 or you can simply fill out the contact form. Do not let a cold winter get to you this year with expert help from the best guys in the business.